Student Assistant in Digitalization and Service Innovation
The Karlsruhe Digital Service Research & Innovation Hub (KSRI) at KIT’s Division II is looking for student assistants who are passionate about digital transformation and service innovation, especially in platform ecosystems. This position has a strong focus on sustainability, reflecting the growing importance of environmentally and socially responsible practices in digital innovation. As a student assistant, you will play an integral role in advancing the Hub’s digital transformation initiatives, working closely with various companies and other organizations in our network.
- Actively contribute to the conceptualization and prototyping of novel digital solutions, contributing to the advancement of service innovation.
- Iteratively develop, implement and test the Hub’s modules (e.g. workshops or business education formats), ensuring their practicality and effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain a creative link between theoretical concepts and their practical applications, translating abstract ideas into tangible artifacts that can be applied in different business contexts.
- Engage directly with industry partners to understand their unique digital transformation needs and challenges. This includes gathering requirements, delivering solutions, and maintaining ongoing relationships to drive continuous innovation.
- Strong interest and understanding of service innovation and digital transformation principles.
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical setting to solve real-world problems
- Strong communication and teamwork skills and a collaborative mindset.
This position offers a unique opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in digital service innovation, working at the forefront of research and practical application in a dynamic and supportive environment.