Digital Platform Engagement
- Date:auf Anfrage
Digital platforms are on the advance supporting collaboration and joint value creation – whether on an individual (e.g. knowledge platform) or organizational level (e.g. IIoT platforms). However, only with sustaining engagement and active participation of potential contributors, those platforms can achieve long-term success.
Therefore, deeply understanding engagement on digital platforms will be important to identify and evaluate ways to foster activity and design platform environments.
This thesis aims to pursue a data-driven approach to understand engagement on digital platforms. It is integrated into a research collaboration with an industry partner.
Based on data gathered from a real-world platform implemented by the industry partner, engagement of participants shall be analyzed, predicted and shaped. You will apply methods of data analytics and develop recommendations for action and design.
A thesis project can be based on either of two research foci:
- Predicting engagement and disengagement along the participants’ journey
- Understanding differences in platform participants (e.g., mental models, personality) for individualized and adaptive platform design
The specific topic and scope of this thesis can be discussed and adapted to the individual interest and capabilities of the student.
- Interest in working on realworld problems together with an industry partner
- First experience in data analysis with R or Python
- Very good English skills (the thesis should be written in English, project meetings with the industry partner will be in English)
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Selforganized and goal-oriented working mode, including the motivation to bring own ideas
If you are interested, please send an email to Carina Benz (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a transcript of records and resume.